- Navelgazed’s Patreon: art and fiction
- Artists of the Desired Constellation: Paintings and such, but @1ff needs to make a shop page to more easily funnel money. :p
- got parts?, by ATW: a DID self-help book by a DID system. Awesome nuts and bolts.
- Cuckoo, by Madison Clell: autobio comics about having DID. Clell has since integrated, but she is awesome! And she probably has other work for sale on her site somewhere.
- Amongst Ourselves, by Alderman and Marshall: another DID self-help book, made by a DID system therapist and their wife, also a therapist. (Woo, queer plurals!)
- When Rabbit Howls and A Creature of Habit, by the Troops for Truddi Chase. The Troops have passed on, but their work remains! All of us who’ve ever criticized the medical model owe a debt to the Troops. Read and remember! (A Creature of Habit was published after they died. We haven’t read it, but we want to! It’s expensive due to being lavishly illustrated by the Troops’ paintings.)
- I’m Eve and A Mind of My Own, by Chris Costner Sizemore. Ms. Sizemore has also passed on, sadly, but she is also an inspiration to us all due to her fighting a hard legal battle to regain the rights to her life story. The Three Faces of Eve was inaccurate; please, read her books in her own words. (Also, handy because her system was quite different than how we think of DID systems now. Learn your history! Her papers are also a special collection at Duke)
- Ysabetwordsmith is singlet, but her Polychrome Heroics poetry series has a pretty awesome multi superhero, Damask! Ysabetwordsmith was also a huge help to us when we first started working in art. You can prompt and sponsor poems in her regular Poetry Fishbowls!
- @spacerobotcrew ‘s Etsy store, which includes great things like multi pride jewelry.
- Alien Shore, by C. S. Friedman, is by a singlet but apparently quite good in its depiction of a multiple!
- And of course, we, LB Lee, have a Patreon (for fiction, art, and comics), and ebooks and paper comics.
- @chocolate-oxygen is offering pay-what-you-want writing/fanfic commissions right now, in part to help start paying for DID-focused therapy! I don’t think she has any specifically multiplicity-related works available for purchase, but it’d still be money going to supporting (a) multiple artist(/s) 👌
Computer repaired! Thank goodness! Seriously guys, having my drawing comp and my scanner comp as mutually exclusive machines was KILLING ME. Now I can draw and scan on the same comp again, oh thank god! (And I can put BSOD back into retirement, where it belongs.)
And on that note, does anyone want my no-longer-needed ‘03 scanner? It’s a CanoScan LiDE 30. It still works, still has the install CD, but it’s admittedly old and creaky and I couldn’t get it to run on Windows 7 64. Windows 7 32 is okay, though. (And for all I know, Canon has put up more updated drivers; I always used the 2003 install CD.)
I’ll probably just give it to Boomerang’s, perhaps with a note attached, but I figured I might as well check here first. It was my first and only scanner for over a decade, and it served me well. If there’s a baby artist in the house who wants it, I’m okay with passing it on!
Boundless is our love letter to science: a comics anthology that celebrates and explores stories about science. From birds to deer contraception to the electric chair to dark matter, Boundless has comics about all sorts of science from all over the universe. It's over 200 pages, and the editorial team did a great job designing it. Awesome!
let me know if you'd like a copy! :D
Come join the party!
PS: I got quoted in an article from the Rainbow Times about the art show! CHECK IT OUT! :D
PPS: Also, as a head's up, guys, from here on out, public posts will probably only be work stuff. If you want to be on the locked stuff, let me know! There's an old poll where you can list your preferences here, or you can just say 'Basic' for the basic filter. Thanks! :D
Hhey guys? Do you like comics? Do you like SCIENCE? This Kickstarter is for you! Us and E. J. Barnes have been working on a comic about Phineas Gage; you can see one of the pages in the Kickstarter video (it’s the eyebally one). Jordan, Olivia, Heide, and Neil will also be helping us with our Out of Mind kickstarter later on, it looks like, so I feel great personally vouching for them.Also uh. The more the Kickstarter makes, the more I get paid. Just so you know. But if you ever wanted a book of awesome science comics, this is the project for you!
When: Saturday, May 7, 10 AM-4:30 PM
Where: Cambridge Public Library, Main Branch, Teen Room 449 Broadway, Cambridge, MA
Come learn about the wide range of independent comics being produced in Cambridge and the Boston area. From action, adventure, and humor, to graphic novels dealing with personal and political themes, comics today are going places they’ve never gone before. Since 2006, the Boston Comics Roundtable has been at the center of the local comics scene, providing a venue for creators to meet, collaborate, publish, and grow as artists. At CCCAF, members of the BCR will exhibit and sell their books and offer demonstrations and hands-on workshops for aspiring cartoonists of all ages and skill levels. High school art students from the area will also be on hand to share their comics creations with the public. Come join us!
Here's the article.
How cool is that? :D
The kickstarter at this time has about a week to go and has made about twice its goal, which is awesome.
It’s true! We will be at Boston Comic Con (for a limited time)!
We will be at booth D812, with the Boston Comics Roundtable, with some of our swank newer books, and even when we will not physically be there, our books will!Our shifts are Friday, from 12-3, and Sunday, from 10-1. You should come visit us!
Quick Links For New Folks on Dreamwidth:
- Dreamwidth 101: Confused by this strange site? How to use Dreamwidth!
- Tags and Markup for Dreamwidth: More in-depth code if you want to be a real DW wizard, by sandglass!
- Dreamwidth Banning and Tumblr Blocking: How to keep trolls away, by intergalacticlibrary!
- The Dreamwidth Multi Introduction Post: Come and meet your fellow plurals here on DW!
- If you'd like to find more community, I highly recommend talking to thedc . They'll set you right!
Quick Links for Our Work
- The Big Ol' Story Index: All the stories, organized by series
- Commissions Info: Want me to draw something? Commissions are currently open!
- The prompts post: Want me to write something? Tell me there!
- healthymultiplicity.com: Multi education and 101 stuff!
- Etsy: Paper comics!
- Gumroad: Ebooks!
- Patreon: For the folks who want everything.
( Stories for sale! )
EDIT: If you're trying to use the Paypal button on this page and it fails, please let me know immediately so I can fix it again! Until then, you can always use the button on our profile.
This story is worth $90. Normally, I wouldn't even be trying to sell something so big, but things have been a little tight financially, on account of the government docking my disability payments for my perceived art profits, and I just haven't been making enough to offset that. I have $30 for the rest of the month, and while I'm trying to implement changes that'll free up some money, so far this state has dropped the ball on every application I've put into play, sometimes multiple times. Not good.
Since I know my readers are not rich, I'm putting up the story up for group-funding. Toss me what you can, and when the fundraising bar gets to $90, up the story goes! Please help LB eat; I'm desperately trying to save up for a new work comp (this one is nine years old) but I can't do that until I work out a sustainable budget.